• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at ReWiring Trailer, Matching to Truck

RjSteed

I have the typical 4 pin coming from my vehicle... I would like to change to a 7 pin (I think) in order to get the auxiliary power.
My thought here is, I will have electric brakes and the break away switch. I do not believe the break away will connect into the power connector, but only to the brakes themselves.

What I would like to do, is hook up an interior light, and perhaps a couple of (movable) flood lights to the trailer.

My thinking is, if I roll up on a campsite at night, I can pull out the flood lights that will be connected to pvc pipe and attach them to the corners facing the area where I'll set up camp. The light, staying attached to the pvc will be stow-able in a larger pvc tube under the front of the trailer.

I know nothing of electrical wiring, especially of 12v. But might could figure it out... I have been looking online, just have not found the right diagram as of yet.

Does it make sense to have the 7 pin? Less?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They make a 7-pin RV trailer plug that will plug into your 4-pin. Only additional item you will need it to run a power feed and the electric brake wire.

www.etrailer.com has everything you need. They also have wiring diagrams.

What type of vehicle do you have and what type of trailer will you use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks