• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for bumper numbers for a specific vehicle

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm throwing this out in hopes someone can help me out. I'm lookig for the specific bumper number for the halftracks in D Co 83rd Recon Battalion, 3rd Armored Division. I know they'd be

3 (triangle) 83 R and on the other side D-#. What is the # is the question. Also if anyone has any photos of any vehicles from the 83rd Recon Battalion, I'm looking for them.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the correct recon unit, but this is a restored vehicle that was in the battle of the Bulge. I would assume other vehicles in Third Army would be marked in a similar fashion.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not the correct recon unit, but this is a restored vehicle that was in the battle of the Bulge. I would assume other vehicles in Third Army would be marked in a similar fashion.

That's a 3rd Armored Division vehicle. 33rd Armored Regiment, C Company. Not sure of the purpose though. C2 might be the XO or someone else in the company headquarters. Not sure of the WWII bumper admin numbers. Today 6 means the commander, 5 xo, 7 is 1st sergeant, 1 2 3 platoons. 16 is the first platoon leader. These numbers don't apply to WWII though.

Neil,

Thanks for the links. The one picture marked as 'easy39' right side foreground.....that's my jeep. Bumper markings are 83rd Recon Battalion, D Company admin number of 1 1/2. Not sure how they got a 1/2 but that's my jeep. The company commander was authorized a M8 armored car. I suspect the jeep was his vehicle when not in combat. I know in 1988 my battalion commander used an extra M113 APC for his transport although he was authorized a tank and a HMMWV. His numbers were HQ6, HQ66 and can't remember the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks