• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for engine for M75

whoha

Hi,

working on my M75 and well can either rebuild or find another engine so thought I would see if anyone had a running engine that fits into an M75 out here??
Continental 85?

Regards,

mark

Blythewoodjoe

For what it is worth, SECO in Augusta Georgia scrapped out about 30 last year. They probably kept the engines. But they had been sitting for many years. That one above looks pretty good to me.

Joe Trapp

whoha

yup

yes as in M75 APC and yes that engine looks really sweeeet I think it may be coming home to me :)

Mark

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: yup

Not that I have one but would the supercharged one from an M41 fit the M75?

Adamlee

Re: RE: yup

Recovry4x4 said:
Not that I have one but would the supercharged one from an M41 fit the M75?
yeah, it will...Jeff Ski knows best I know he talked about this very thing not too long ago. I'm sure there are some diffs regarding the install, but it has & can be done. Plus, you're talking about a 500hp motor with the later-style fuelie goodies, versus a carb'ed motor around 250hp. (again, Jeff will correct me on this, but somewhere along these lines for hp)

and I think the canned motors were destined for M42 Dusters, if I'm not mistaken.....same chassis as M75/M41 series.....

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: RE: yup

Adam is correct. I sold one to a guy in TN who is putting it in his M75 and IMS in Canada has one in his M75. Worst case would be to use it as a rebuilt long block and use the M75 induction to keep it original.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks