• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for exhaust pipe hanger

Jetnoise400

Hi All,

While looking over the M1009 yesterday, I discovered that the rearmost exhaust hanger on the passenger side was broken. :(

Does anyone have a parts truck equipped with a servicable rear exhaust pipe hanger with the rubber isolator? This is the one that's bolted to the rear leaf spring hanger and is a square with an "X" shaped rubber isolator in the middle.

I could just go to a muffler shop and have them tie it up, but I'd rather go original if possible.

Thanks!

Dieselsmoke

Sean, I'll go check one of the '09s that we just cut up. The exhaust hangers were in good shape, but some of the truck has been hauled off already.

MATT

You should be able tro find one at the parts store that will work, weld on or bolt on with a u-clamp.

Jetnoise400

Thanks for the suggestion Matt. And that's my fall-back plan. I'm just trying to keep it all original. Possibly to my detriment. :)

Dunno if they're the same on the 1008 or not. I'll snap a photo this evening of the one I still have and post.

Thanks guys!

Jetnoise400

Well looks like the frame hanger is broken, and I'm missing the one that holds the muffler up too. So I'm off to the parts store to see what I can fab up. Thanks anyway guys!

CCATLETT1984

I just removed the rear exhuast a few hours ago, I will take pics of the hangers for you. BTW The truck sounds that same at idle and while at cruise speed. BUT, MAN IS SHE LOUD WHEN YOU HIT THE PEDAL!!!!! Finally sounds like it has a big motor in it. [thumbzup]

Jetnoise400

Hey Catlett,

Thanks much for the offer! Don't worry about it now though. I wound up just going to the local muffler shop in town and for not much, they hooked me up with a couple of new hangers and welded them up too. Good as new!

Wow, no rear exhaust? I bet it makes some noise! :lol:
Thanks!

CCATLETT1984

yup, I left about 3ft of pipe after the manifolds. The mufflers that were on it were messed up and to top it off, I discovered that they were directional and they were put on backwards. Plus they said QUIET on them. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks