• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for FMTV CTIS Wheel Protectors

dronsen

Does anyone know where I can buy the CTIS wheel protectors? - P/N: 57K1996 / NSN 2540-01-489-5928 ("Rim Cover Parts Kit")

Only 2 left on epay and I need 6.

Thanks

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone on FB sent me this pic a few months back but never heard any follow up...

View attachment 837480
It's a suspicious looking design if it's sheetmetal, because if it was stamped there should be larger radii on the edges of the "cog" shape on the face. Stamping sheet metal into those sharp edges (as well as the steep deep draw of the outer rim) would cause significant thinning (weakening) of the material, which results in a whole host of manufacturing and usability problems.

So I wonder if these are fakes, for aesthetics, or are made by machining from a solid, or painstakingly welded up from individual components. Either of those last two would make them very expensive.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you seen the midwest military equip ones yet? They're not an exact match but the only thing that's readily available at the moment.

This thread has pictures of the OEM covers, for comparison.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks