• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for FMTV owners in Maryland

rockDAWG

No, you can drive it in MD for a while until someone notices out of state tags since there is a limit.
MD inspection places are not allowed to inspect mil vehicles.
I meant that "if the vehicle has a titled and is tagged in other States?" Can a Maryland resident register the vehicle in Maryland? I was told that once a vehicle is tagged in a state, no state can refuse registration coming from other states !!!

coachgeo

I meant that "if the vehicle has a titled and is tagged in other States?" Can a Maryland resident register the vehicle in Maryland? I was told that once a vehicle is tagged in a state, no state can refuse registration coming from other states !!!
My understanding is you are correct/not correct. State MUST accept another states title as legal document; I believe is the official rule; and folk confuse this with being something more than that. So if titled in one state; other states (that title such a vehicle) must accept the title as legal doc. thus prepare new title in there state.

Does not say the have to title or register it as SAME TYPE title/registration

rockDAWG

good luck, cannot be done.
I am afraid that you are right.
maryland will title it but will not allow registration or tags. it will be off road use only.
Yes, this is how I understand this now. It is not the title problem but the passing of the inspection. Yesterday, I spoke with a truck state inspection in my county. He was not aware of the new rules for military vehicles. I am wondering if we can just sneak by in a slower state inspection facility. Instead of going to MVA, just use the 3rd party place to get the plate. There are plenty of 3rd parties places here.

It may be wishful thinking, but what else can we do without moving to another State. :)

coachgeo

I am afraid that you are right.

Yes, this is how I understand this now. It is not the title problem but the passing of the inspection. Yesterday, I spoke with a truck state inspection in my county. He was not aware of the new rules for military vehicles. I am wondering if we can just sneak by in a slower state inspection facility. Instead of going to MVA, just use the 3rd party place to get the plate. There are plenty of 3rd parties places here.

It may be wishful thinking, but what else can we do without moving to another State. :)
do it th right way..... instead of so many others who have only worked to find "a way around the issues."....... start a biz. that brings vehicles into compliance with whatever parts/mods neccissary to make it really compliant. Also working with legislators to meet you halfway though would probably be helpful.

rockDAWG

do it th right way..... instead of so many others who have only worked to find "a way around the issues."....... start a biz. that brings vehicles into compliance with whatever parts/mods neccissary to make it really compliant. Also working with legislators to meet you halfway though would probably be helpful.
Oh.... I am all for doing the legal way. I have never taken a short cut in my life. If there is a legal and viable way to be in compliance with the Maryland law. In the letter that MVA sent to the inspection stations in Maryland in Jan 2019, it clearly stated that they are banning any ex-military vehicle in the state of Maryland. They didn't offer any pathway to any military vehicles to be in compliance. MVA said: do not inspect ex-military vehicles....period.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks