• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Interested MV'ers for Charity Car/Truck Show in Chelsea, MI - 9/21/2014

paradeduty

Just putting a word out to see if there are any folks interested in attending a really cool Charity Car & Truck Show for/at the St. Louis Center just west of Chelsea, Michigan.

The St. Louis Center is a really nice non-profit residential care facility for boys and adult men and women with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Center is fully licensed and accredited and really does do great work. I have participated in a number of the Center's fund raising activities and I have to tell you that the support that this group receives is amazing. Last year (2013) the Center held their first Car/Truck Show. Much to my disappointment, we were unable to attend - but I heard that it was a huge success with a massive number of vehicles participating. A nice slideshow of the event is available on-line (bear in mind that this was just the first year - and, again, it was huge!).

This year I decided to try to plan ahead better. Due to the rather extreme weight of many of the Military Vehicles, I consulted with the coordinators to see if there would in fact be a reasonable location for the trucks that would not end up doing more harm to the grounds than good. They seem very excited with the prospect of having the Trucks at the Show and are more than willing to make accommodations for their placement. They have asked me if I could let them know some idea of how many would most likely be attending. It might also be an advantage to have some idea what weight class they might fall in (Light, Medium, Heavy). Light would probably be Jeeps, M37's, CUCV's, HMMV's, etc. Medium would probably be Deuces, 5-tons, etc. Heavy would probably be M915's up to the Oshkosh's, etc. The "lighter" units could still probably be parked on the grass, and the "heavier" units could be parked on the parking lot if the ground is deemed too soft for whatever reason. If I understand correctly, they do not use the parking lot for the show (other than maybe handicapped parking I suppose) as it is too small for all of the visitors coming to see the show - they park all of those folks on a different grassy area from the show. So the parking lot seemed like a really inviting spot for the bigger stuff without having to be too apologetic about their lawn! It is so close to my home and such a good cause that we really want to make this event a yearly thing for us. The kids at these shows always seem to marvel at the Military Trucks. We are planning to go either way, but as they say - the more the merrier! Mary and I are planning on bringing (3) Oshkosh's - the M1070 HET, the M1074 PLS, and the MK48A1/15A1. If we have time to get her prepped, we may even find the time to bring the TACOM HMTT Prototype. She's been in the barn too long and would be nice to get her out again.

Anyways, just let me know if you are/might be in the area and have the time for this great event.

This is a link for the St. Louis Center, Chelsea, MI (Car Show info can be gotten to from there): http://www.stlouiscenter.org/index.html.

This is a link for a slideshow for last year's show: http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1419924.

Thanks and hope to see a great turnout.
David Percell
734-272-2722
espelectric@ruralreach.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks