• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking For New Fuel Tank Pickup Tube.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While working on the engine a couple weeks ago and trying to get it to start I found that the fuel tank pickup was semi clogged and not letting enough fuel through.
I checked the fuel tank and I found that the pickup tube was damage where it threads into the tank. It looked like someone stripped the nut part of the pickup and the threads. Someone put a large amount of some type of product, maybe JB Weld, because it was so hard to get off, around the pickup and tank. After chipping away at the product I was finally able to remove the pickup but it was damage to the point of being non-usable now. Checked the pipe threads in the tank and they seem to be okay and not damaged.
Since then I have been looking for a exact or very similar replacement for the pickup tube but have not found one that is metal. Checked the TM's and tried to find one using the part number but could not locate one.
I remember reading a post several months ago that someone had a issue with the FMTV fuel tank pickup and had located a replacement and posted a picture of it on the post but I could not locate it. I may have missed it but after two weeks, nothing.
Does anyone know where I can get metal fuel pickup tube?
And help would be appreciated!
Thanks for your time and be safe.

Ronmar

Well you should be able to find a bushing to match the threads, and some stainless tube and 10-15 minutes to tig them together…