• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for suggestions

Navydoc

Finally getting around to the frame off rebuild on my M1008. Still breaking things down as shown. Prior to this, I’ve already installed a 4l80 with an NP 205.
Planning 4 inch lift, crossover steering, Optimizer 6500 with a super 60 turbo, duel fuel tanks, and AC

Looking for any suggestions folks may have for other cool upgrades.

Thanks and be well.

Attachments

cucvrus

Suggestion number 1. If you are that far down remove everything from the frame and have the frame sand blasted, primed and painted. And then paint every part that you put back on the frame. Take your time and make it count. Or complete the truck and drive it thru the biggest mud hole you can find and make it look authentic. Good Luck.

joshuak

Finally getting around to the frame off rebuild on my M1008. Still breaking things down as shown. Prior to this, I’ve already installed a 4l80 with an NP 205.
Planning 4 inch lift, crossover steering, Optimizer 6500 with a super 60 turbo, duel fuel tanks, and AC

Looking for any suggestions folks may have for other cool upgrades.

Thanks and be well.
Sounds like a fun project, nice item list. Looks like you've already added twin sticks to the 205 (y).

How are you getting your 4" lift? What size tire you plan on running?

Navydoc

Suggestion number 1. If you are that far down remove everything from the frame and have the frame sand blasted, primed and painted. And then paint every part that you put back on the frame. Take your time and make it count. Or complete the truck and drive it thru the biggest mud hole you can find and make it look authentic. Good Luck.
Yep!!! That is exactly my plan. I’m on Long Island, so rust-proofing will be essential.

Navydoc

Sounds like a fun project, nice item list. Looks like you've already added twin sticks to the 205 (y).

How are you getting your 4" lift? What size tire you plan on running?
My plan was to go through Off-road Design. Have used them in the past and things have worked out well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks