• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for unit history on M37 vehicle identification number 80028067

REGULAR MEETING Looking for unit history on M37 vehicle identification number 80028067

Is there any way to trace the last unit to have my truck?

Truck number B-14, Company B, vehicle 14?

Unit number 42 over 242S

Hood number 2427367

Also what is the best way to clean the data plates mounted on the glove box door?

Thanks,

[FONT=&quot]Paddyofurniture[/FONT]

Hi Eric,

I have listed my truck on G741.

My truck is from
[FONT=&quot]National Guard, 42nd Rainbow Div. 242 Signal Battalion which was in Long Island NY..

Padyofurniture

[/FONT]
Try looking & posting on G741 website. it is the M37 place to be ! While you are there register your truck so the numbers can be shared, the data base is interesting

Eric..

Billy Bobbed,

Thank you for the email. I have found CARNAC and I have learned something new today.

Based on my truck’s numbers, Truck number B-14, Company B, vehicle 14
Unit number 42 over 242S

My truck a 1952 M37 is from the National Guard, 42nd Rainbow Div. 242 Signal Battalion Company B, S-1 Personnel officer.

This unit was in Long Island NY until October 1985 when the 242 Signal Battalion Company B being transfused to the Delaware National Guard 198 Signal Battalion in Wilmington, DE

Thanks,

Paddyofurniture
Try CARNAC on this site.He has a thread started he can tell all you need to know about the numbers.Do a search.2010 VIN info thread.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The history is not tied to the serial number on the frame and/or the dataplate.

It will be found on the bumpers and hood sides, if you're lucky enough to find the painted data under all that red paint. Sand carefully!

Due to the age of the truck, the S/N won't fit in the current VIN scheme, so a title search at your DMV might be exasperating.

That shift pattern plate on the door doesn't there, it goes on the dash over the steering column.

BTW, that metal tag you found on the engine side of the firewall is just the part number for the cab. Disregard that number in your search.

Ex-fire service rigs are always a rat's nest of wires and cobbled conversions with 12V stuff.

DG

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The history is not tied to the serial number on the frame and/or the dataplate.

It will be found on the bumpers and hood sides, if you're lucky enough to find the painted data under all that red paint. Sand carefully!

Due to the age of the truck, the S/N won't fit in the current VIN scheme, so a title search at your DMV might be exasperating.

That shift pattern plate on the door doesn't there, it goes on the dash over the steering column.

BTW, that metal tag you found on the engine side of the firewall is just the part number for the cab. Disregard that number in your search.

Ex-fire service rigs are always a rat's nest of wires and cobbled conversions with 12V stuff.

DG
Heh, I was going to tag you in this, @G744 !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks