• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking up unit/service history via inventory number

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can one look up unit/service history using a inventory ID number ... USMC M1046a
ummm... Tow Missile configuration humvee.......I don't think that's a unit number.. That a model number for your truck. Look for lettering inside door frame, drivers side. Also other insightful numerical things may be found under spray painted over areas ( sand/remove paint slowly to uncover) But that's just my 2 cents ..

Ocho out

F.A. Duk

ummm... Tow Missile configuration humvee.......I don't think that's a unit number.. That a model number for your truck. Look for lettering inside door frame, drivers side. Also other insightful numerical things may be found under spray painted over areas ( sand/remove paint slowly to uncover) But that's just my 2 cents ..

Ocho out
I have the number that was over painted on the hood. Know it’s a USMC vehicle

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on the driver's side, just above the ID/serial number, and you will probably see a plate/tag labeled TAMCN and it will probably have a co-located universal bar code thingy. TAMCN is Table of Authorized Materiel Control Numbers and is an inventory system. Your TAMCN plate/tag should also match the USMC # on your hood and tailgate. I am not aware of any public way to find a vehicle history with that TAMCN #.
- HoveringHHMWV

DREDnot

What I have heard is that the USMC XXXXXX number is the registration number of the vehicle. Seen on both sides of the hood and on the tailgate.

Ones that have been assigned to a unit/location they receive the Mxxxxx number. Seen on the side of the body beneath the B pillar and on the tailgate.

If you can decode that Mxxxxx number that should tell you where it came from.

DSCN5537.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks