• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost completely

dmetalmiki

Been away for months, moving house and trucks so no internet. On first log in found the new format difficult to use cluttered and rather un-usrer friendly. Used to be so simple to navigate and use. I have to think.....if it ain,t bust...don't fix it...I will have missed what others thought of the changes. Ho hum that's progress(?). ......mebb'e it's me and old age. right now back to learning!

Nonotagain

Old forum software vBullitin was a patch work full of security holes. The decision was made to upgrade to a new version to plug the leaks.

Is the new version different, yep it sure is. Have we lost some functionality, yes again, but the only thing constant is change.

Viewing via Tapatalk (smart phone app), there doesn't appear any difference.

It will take a couple of minutes to figure out how to post and again post pics.

Tlauden

Yea, tapatalk has almost no difference between the "old" and the "new" site.

I guess no matter what you do there will always be people unhappy. Cant please everyone......

The "this site sucks" threads are quickly becoming awfuly annoying.

dmetalmiki

hmmmm, well this site Does Not suck...it is simply the best arround. It is allways more difficult to accept changes as you get old(er!). so now I'm going to try and get familiar with the routines.

steelandcanvas

hmmmm, well this site Does Not suck...it is simply the best arround. It is allways more difficult to accept changes as you get old(er!). so now I'm going to try and get familiar with the routines.
I didn't care for the changes when they were first introduced, however in a few hours I pretty much had it figured out. To those that say the site sucks, go start your own site and don't look back.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you haven't tried it yet, go down to the bottom left corner of the page (way down there) and find the little menu thingy. It gives you a "higher contrast" option that changes the colour scheme to OD similar to the old site. That worked wonders for me, I could actually read things again, and it looked comfortably familiar.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks