• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost rpms!

redass73

hey fella's I need your help. I changed the "button" in my injector pump this weekend and lost 200 rpms. wont get above 1900 rpm's went from a #27 to a # 10. is that my trouble or could I have messed up the shim stack.

redass73

sorry It's early for me..got an 816 with the cummins. my desiel guy told me to remove this cone shaped piece from my IP there is a shim stack[told it governs max rpm's] and a small little 'puck' in there. he said to get one with a smaller number stamped in it. he said the smaller one would give a lillte smoke and a tad better throttle response. it does put out a little black smoke but the revs are gone..

AMGeneral

If memory serves,you have to add a thicker shim to increase spring pressure on the governer spring to increase your max RPMs,(I could be wrong here).Is a #10 shim thicker than a #27?It's been quite a while since I was in a PT pump.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add a few more shims. Make sure the snap ring is in the groove.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks