• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Love em or not, here’s my MEP-1040 thread.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We’ll, I finally got around to load testing the 1040 today. Hooked it up temporarily to the 300’ of 1/0 quad copper feeder I was given by the local poco that I put in 2” conduit from my house to my shop. I still need to build a lean-to to cover the genny so at the moment it doesn’t stay outside.

I got the wife to toss a load of clothes in the dryer first. That got me a 5kw load. Then she turned on the two ovens, starting on low bake then high. Went 7.5 then 9.5 KW. Ran it about 15 minutes each ramping it up to the 9.5. Let it run at 9.5 while the wife cooked a pan of brownies (I mean no need to waste the power)

Our heat pump kicked on twice during the test, spiking the generator up to 14.2 kw during startup and about 12kw during heat pump cycle. The generator didn’t hardly grunt. The aux cooling fan kicked on at 205 degrees and the set never got over 208 during the hour long run. No smoke whatsoever either.

All in all, I’m very impressed with this unit. And also brownies.
E9E445B4-4E12-4B17-9C98-E7D36490E579.jpeg420037BB-B645-492E-8AF4-DF957DCF74BA.jpeg

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah they’re getting absolutely insane, all but bars a hobby member from buying one. They need to get more reasonable back to the 2-3k range for a mint set
From what folks have told me, who have purchased machines from me in the last 9-12 months, new diesel gensets have almost a 1 year lead time in many cases. Supply and demand... those folks who want new machines are looking at these because of simply availability.

Hiperflyer2

View attachment 857015Somebody call Mcgruff. There are crackheads bidding at govplanet these days.
I got my MEP 1040 that is like new with 400 hrs on it and sitting on a like new trailer with torsion bar suspension and run flat tires, 12/24v lights,all aluminum high clearance for $5600. Genset runs perfect and I’ve been offered $4500 for the trailer if I decide to sell it.

I just finished installing the INOVAHightech remote start system and it’s fantastic to be able to walk into my shop and flip one toggle switch and have the genset fire up without any issues from 75 feet away,hot or cold it runs thru all the needed sequences ,prime, winterization delay, start, warmup, idle up, close contactors.
When I’m ready to leave , flip the toggle off and it’ll open contactors, cool down and shut down without having to walk out to the genset.

I love mine and it’s so nice to have a Mobil genset for my next off grid build.
I don’t think I payed to much since it’s got so many features, a great light weight trailer with 20” of ground clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I got my MEP 1040 that is like new with 400 hrs on it and sitting on a like new trailer with torsion bar suspension and run flat tires, 12/24v lights,all aluminum high clearance for $5600. Genset runs perfect and I’ve been offered $4500 for the trailer if I decide to sell it.

I just finished installing the INOVAHightech remote start system and it’s fantastic to be able to walk into my shop and flip one toggle switch and have the genset fire up without any issues from 75 feet away,hot or cold it runs thru all the needed sequences ,prime, winterization delay, start, warmup, idle up, close contactors.
When I’m ready to leave , flip the toggle off and it’ll open contactors, cool down and shut down without having to walk out to the genset.

I love mine and it’s so nice to have a Mobil genset for my next off grid build.
I don’t think I payed to much since it’s got so many features, a great light weight trailer with 20” of ground clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See, now that right there, is the deals I’d like to see on a 1040!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks