• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low BOy Id

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this trailer on the side of a country road in the Mississippi delta, it is in pretty bad shape and it looks like the dove tail on it broke off and they just threw it up on the trailer. I noticed it has a couple of guide rollers up front , it seems like a pretty stout trailer. Worth saving?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the most rode hard, put up wet M172 25 tonner I have ever seen. For what it will take to straighten that one up, buy a nice one from GL for 3 grand. The deck over the gooseneck was added by a civilian.

123mack

Depends on several things. Looks like it's on the right of way, so whatever is the law in Arkansas on abandoned vehicles would determine ownership. Once that's settled it would be a matter of how much work and money you would be willing to put into it.

Chief_919

As far gone as that one is, best bet for it is drag it to the scrapyard while scrap is up.

Should swing about $1200+ in scrap for it.

Then buy one from GL.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that looks like a prime canidate for a big shear I have seen trailers was not twisted that bad side loading excavators regularly it's worth its weight in scrap

Irv

Could be either the M172 (15 ton) or M172A1 (25 ton). The only difference I can find is the axles, and you can't tell that unless you look at the data plate or look for the "Arsenal Grade Axle" marking on the axles. The landing legs are missing, too. Scrap. Irv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks