• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low pressure at the horn

Rooster828

My horns have insufficient air pressure , curious if there’s a common issue where the air lines get plugged. I’ve been looking for a schematic to see which tank runs the horn and everything in between.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
My horns have insufficient air pressure , curious if there’s a common issue where the air lines get plugged. I’ve been looking for a schematic to see which tank runs the horn and everything in between.
Do your wipers work slowly? If so you have a sticking pressure protection valve on the wet tank. Or worst case a collapsed cotton jacket hose from the frame rail up the firewall.

Rooster828

Do your wipers work slowly? If so you have a sticking pressure protection valve on the wet tank. Or worst case a collapsed cotton jacket hose from the frame rail up the firewall.
No the wipers function normally, the horns always had just a weak shreak sound, so I went to add a larger air horn and discovered there just wasn’t much pressure being produced

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
QUOTE="Rooster828, post: 2284813, member: 93351"]
No the wipers function normally, the horns always had just a weak shreak sound, so I went to add a larger air horn and discovered there just wasn’t much pressure being produced
[/QUOTE]
Pull the fitting from the horn and get an air fitting to an air gauge if you think low pressure.

The governor feeds that horn on a t line so basically if your governor is causing your air dryer to purge like normal then there is 120psi going to that horn

Rooster828

QUOTE="Rooster828, post: 2284813, member: 93351"]
Pull the fitting from the horn and get an air fitting to an air gauge if you think low pressure.
L
The governor feeds that horn on a t line so basically if your governor is causing your air dryer to purge like normal then there is 120psi going to that horn
[/QUOTE]
Figured it out. Air pressure was fine. Solenoid was not opening completely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks