• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LTC Richard Cole To Be Honored

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LTC Richard Cole, the last survivor of the Doolittle Raiders and Co-Pilot for Col. Jimmy Doolittle, lives in my hometown of Comfort, Texas and I am fortunate to have had the privilege of having lunch with him several times. He was also kind enough to autograph my WC-51 at one of our July 4th parades. This weekend LTC Cole will be honored in Washington as part of our nations Memorial Day celebrations. He is truly a great American and a very gracious man.

LTC-Richard-Cole.jpg

tankdriver

He did not get to make it last night, but the did a good piece on him.......

Actually the whole concert was good.

Watch it if it is on demand, I do not know if it will be or not.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the honour of meeting and chatting with him last September. What a fine gentleman he is, his spryness definitely belies his 100+ years!

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks