• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-146 shop van semi trailer 6-ton

johan77

Hello guys,
i have a 6 ton semi trailer to put behind my m275a2 truck tractor. I am sanding the semi trailer at the moment and i find out that the trailer had many layers of paint, from woodland camouflage to some tan desert color paint. On the sides of the trailer, in the middle, left and right side, there is/was the symbol used in desert storm, the inverted letter "V" . The trailer is from 1961 and since i live in belgium it is very close to a 100% that it came from a unit stationed in Germany. now i was wondering if it was possible that that trailer was used in desert storm and after was shipped to germany ? or did units stationed in germany also participated in irak ? Would they send such an older trailer (it was already 30 years or something) over there ?
on the sides is also some painted on the sides, front " us army " and below 7D 2569. more at the end, also on the left and right side is "B 30aa" or 83GAA,
any theories or hints ?
thanks

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello guys,
i have a 6 ton semi trailer to put behind my m275a2 truck tractor. I am sanding the semi trailer at the moment and i find out that the trailer had many layers of paint, from woodland camouflage to some tan desert color paint. On the sides of the trailer, in the middle, left and right side, there is/was the symbol used in desert storm, the inverted letter "V" . The trailer is from 1961 and since i live in belgium it is very close to a 100% that it came from a unit stationed in Germany. now i was wondering if it was possible that that trailer was used in desert storm, (Yes, very possible) and after was shipped to germany ?, (Yes, lots of equipment was shipped back) or did units stationed in germany also participated in irak ?, (Yes, very many units from Germany went to the Irak War) Would they send such an older trailer (it was already 30 years or something) over there ? (Yes, age has nothing to do with it. Was it serviceable, that was important)
on the sides is also some painted on the sides, front " us army " and below 7D, (7th Division) 2569. more at the end, also on the left and right side is "B 30aa" or 83GAA,
any theories or hints ?
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks