• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 Batteries

Dodge man

? I just used two automobile batteries that I had around. I can't say what size they are but there's plenty of room in the M-37 battery box. IMO you should have more than enough room to put any kind of auto or pickup truck batteries in there.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are 22NFGs. They fit great and work great. No complaints. I don't know if they are "correct" or not, however.

Storm 51

ranger.41

Two Optima Red tops fit in my battery box just fine. It is a safe alternative to lead acid batteries, especially since
they are under your passengers seat.

GUNNY 155

7 5 DODGE M37 018.jpg I got these at Advanced Auto Parts. They are a hair short for the hold down but perfect width. Pretty strong in the CCA department. Used 1/0 welding cable to make up my battery cables with all connections soldered to the ring connectors.

3dAngus

When I purchased mine, it had the original engine, which was running great, but was converted to 12vdc.

I only use one cheap Wal Mart medium lead acid battery and it is fine. The military battery compartment is overkill on the M-37 unless you have a lot of auxillary equipment, radios, etc.

You can use anything that fits.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up this NATO cable set up and it has just about 9 feet of cable. My truck just has the block off plate on the drivers side now. A pic of my battery box for those who like pictures. I have to decide how run the cables. Thought about running Pos. to the starter and Neg. just to the frame on drivers side. I really hate to cut the cable and looks like there is enough cable to get both ends back to the battery. How were the cables run in the first place from the NATO plug to the battery? Tanks

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run group 51's which are the same size as the originals. I can buy a pair of blems at the Interstate dealer here for $110 for both!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks