• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-812 Bridge truck for sale !

jason@snakeriver

Fairly soon I will be wanting to sell my mid 70's M-812 Bridge Truck. I am in the process of buying a M-819 wrecker which is more well suited to the work we are doing.
I have owned it for about 4 years when we picked it up from GovLiq from a South Dakota NG Engineering Unit.
The mileage is 17,841
The hours are 636
It has a vinyl soft top and a cab heater and a front winter cover for the radiator.
We own 1 other M-812 and recently purchased 2 M-813A1's that we converted for work on the farm here in Eastern Idaho.
We basically used it as a "gin-pole" wrecker lifting heavy machinery.
Equipped with 14:00x20 NDT duals with a about 60% tread with a new spare.
Runs down the road at 62 mph, the M-813's only do 58 mph.
The only problem is that we never did get the lights or brake lights to work, it might be a main electrical breaker or bad 3 way switch.
The black ignition box has been replaced with a new unit.
Located at Ashton, Idaho, not far off I-15.
This thing is serviced and ready to go to work.
I did not clear the title work when we bought it, but I have now submitted the paper work along with the other 2 trucks that we purchased.
Asking price $13,000.00 located in eastern Idaho
snakeriver4x4@fairpoint.net
or 208-652-3450 res MST
Tom or Jason

M1075

I posted your pic below. I think I remember seeing it before?

If you want to get $13K for a bridge truck, I would suggest trying to get some good pics posted. To get tip top dollar, it needs to be in tip top shape and show well in the pics. Do you have one of the flatbed aluminum pallets to use with it or is it just the boom on the rear?

Good luck with the sale.

Attachments

spicergear

Hey, how's ole Tom@snakeriver doing these days? Still selling Goat to 715 adapters and other stuff? Haven't seen much of ya since I dropped of the 'zone.'

jason@snakeriver

picture

At 0 degrees, all we could do is throw open the door to the shed and take a picuture. After looking at the truck again, it is missing 1 work light and about 1/3 of the cable on the winch. The hook is attached with cable clamps.

Attachments

jason@snakeriver

Spicergear, have not talked to you in a while. Snake River 4x4 keeps getting a little bigger each year. Now working on a local museum to put all this stuff.

Now restoring 2 T-15 weasels, I own 3 of the 15 known to exist.

The gama goat tire idea was good for several years as the supply of tires was plentiful. Now only Jack Tomlin in Utah is the only one, and he has acres of the darm things.

As for the price of the truck, if someone is serious, I am sure we could bring the price down. Tom

jason@snakeriver

M1075, I wish I had a deck for mine. Other than acting as a flat deck. How do they function ??? Do they work like a roll-back ? Can you put it flat on the ground and load it up and then lift it on, or do you just let it go back till it hits the ground and then try to put some cargo on it ???

The tires are usually 14:00x20 NDT's. The rims have 3" spacers to spread everything out. Tom

M1075

jason@snakeriver said:
M1075, I wish I had a deck for mine. Other than acting as a flat deck. How do they function ??? Do they work like a roll-back ? Can you put it flat on the ground and load it up and then lift it on, or do you just let it go back till it hits the ground and then try to put some cargo on it ???

The tires are usually 14:00x20 NDT's. The rims have 3" spacers to spread everything out. Tom
The tires are 14.00x20 NDT. The flat pallets were used for hauling general cargo when the trucks were not dedicated to bridging operations. They basically work like a roll-off container and can be placed flat on the ground. Here was a few pics when I was experimenting. "Honey can I borrow your car for a few minutes?" :lol:

Attachments