• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-939 gun mount - Help

wehring

I have an M901 3/4 ring that I am going to mount on my M925 truck.

Does anyone have any specs on the (qty 4) legs that hold the LWS on the M939 trucks?

Are the door jam leg mounts the same for driver and passenger sides?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea about this, but I'd be interested in seeing the end result as I have wanted to find a ring mount for an M939 series truck. I am not positive, but I have heard that the ring was the same, but the legs were different. Not sure if that is true or not as I have never seen one up close.

Attachments

wehring

ring mount

I am going to reuse an M901 alloy ring that I had on a Toyota diesel BJ-42. The ring is ~60# and it worked out very well on the Toyota with an M249 SAW. I mounted it to 1/4" flat alloy diamond plate via 3" standoffs. Truthfully, it was not a very clean job (pissed at some hogs that were due to return the next night) that I threw together in ~4 hours but the concept is solid. The vertical supports were top bows off of a 3/4 ton trailer!

I will keep the idea the same (alloy 3/4 circle ring on 1/4" alloy plate) but I will use Qty 4 vertical posts like you can see in the bobbed 900 pic. I bet I can make the whole package weigh-in under 200#.

Here are some pics.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

Rene M

I am going to reuse an M901 alloy ring that I had on a Toyota diesel BJ-42. The ring is ~60# and it worked out very well on the Toyota with an M249 SAW. I mounted it to 1/4" flat alloy diamond plate via 3" standoffs. Truthfully, it was not a very clean job (pissed at some hogs that were due to return the next night) that I threw together in ~4 hours but the concept is solid. The vertical supports were top bows off of a 3/4 ton trailer!

I will keep the idea the same (alloy 3/4 circle ring on 1/4" alloy plate) but I will use Qty 4 vertical posts like you can see in the bobbed 900 pic. I bet I can make the whole package weigh-in under 200#.

Here are some pics.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Im not sure if these are what your looking for but this guy in Marble Falls has quite a few bits and pieces of gun mounts and may have what your looking for.
Heck, its just fun to see what all he sells..
eBay Store - Austin Aviation HMMWV Surplus: HMMWV Hummer Misc MV Parts, Military Radio Parts Accy