• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1 and M1A1

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trucks John. Do you find that they have just barely enough power to move themselves around? I drove one once and couldn't believe that they were all that severely underpowered.

Wrecker king

the series 2 seems to have little more pep to her, as she is 4000 lbs lighter than the series 5. I did drive another series 5 that was slow but the brakes were not fully releasing. The trucks have power to pull, they just do it slower and plan your downshifts in advance!!
We are working with 1930's engine technology here.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowing John for many years, it's with some confidence that I would say these are originally equipped. I have had a lot of experience with the later A1 (assisted in restoration of one and touring Normandy for the 50th in it before coming to the States) and have seen Johns a few times - all the hard to aquire parts are there (inc the Bii stowed in lockers) with exception of the bar grip tyres (which for John are just too 'squirly' on wet roads). So - the wercker bodies will be just as any documented museum ones that you can research.

292FARMER

Knowing John for many years, it's with some confidence that I would say these are originally equipped. I have had a lot of experience with the later A1 (assisted in restoration of one and touring Normandy for the 50th in it before coming to the States) and have seen Johns a few times - all the hard to aquire parts are there (inc the Bii stowed in lockers) with exception of the bar grip tyres (which for John are just too 'squirly' on wet roads). So - the wercker bodies will be just as any documented museum ones that you can research.
I figured his were, i know mines not thats why id like some pictures see what i'm missing. What's been changed etc. mines been swapped onto a gmc m211 chassis. id like to get it outfitted with the period correct accessories for the body. and curious to how they chnged the bed etc on the swap over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks