• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008.... been sitting awhile. Post pictures of what you have or have found!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I came home to this tonight...left the 15 year old loose with a few wrenches and a grinding wheel...got the floor cut out and the body ready for new steel...found some used fenders and wells from another one that was parted out...to be 15 again. This sat a bunch to rust out this much!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LT67

I'd have to log on to FB to find pics of my 86 M1008 when I bought it 3yrs ago.... not happening lol

It had sat in a field for 3yrs before I bought it. The owner thought the engine was ruined because some ex GF poured sugar in the fuel tank. I just kept my mouth shut and threw out a lowball offer. He took it and I had it towed home. 2 new batteries later and some fresh diesel fuel in the tank, it fired right up. It smoked like a pile of burning leaves for 40min, then cleared up. I then put a new fuel filter on it and it ran markedly better. It's amazing how much a 6.2 diesel runs with a clean fuel filter vs a filter clogged up with sugar...

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd have to log on to FB to find pics of my 86 M1008 when I bought it 3yrs ago.... not happening lol

It had sat in a field for 3yrs before I bought it. The owner thought the engine was ruined because some ex GF poured sugar in the fuel tank. I just kept my mouth shut and threw out a lowball offer. He took it and I had it towed home. 2 new batteries later and some fresh diesel fuel in the tank, it fired right up. It smoked like a pile of burning leaves for 40min, then cleared up. I then put a new fuel filter on it and it ran markedly better. It's amazing how much a 6.2 diesel runs with a clean fuel filter vs a filter clogged up with sugar...
Filters really are magic.
Even when stupidity is involved!

Congratulations on your new-to-you truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks