• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 buzzing bed

rdc0000

Do the beds on these trucks just buzz and rattle at idle or am I missed something? I've checked to make sure nothing is touching the frame. The engine, trans mounts are all good. The exhaust is not touching anything. The buzzing is on the bed and the tank so the vibration is frame related. Anyone ever use some isolators to stop the buzz? I know, OCD.

I further researched harmonic balancers and found that the AC Delco is not available and I am anti CCP so I don't really want one any way. These are what I found and I would like your opinion on their quality. All are about the same cost and made in Australia. I am not sure about the Pioneer but, the seller said AU.

ATP 102059 (AU)
PIONEER DA-3790 (AU)
DAYCO PB1102N (AU)

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My exhaust buzzes pretty bad probably because it's rusted inside but the bed sides will buzz some if the idle hits a certain speed on mine too but it's mostly the muffler on mine. As far as the balancer goes you are right that the gm replacement is not around right now and not sure if it will come back. I bought my last one in October of 2021 for 94$ and figured I could get another when I needed it!! There were tons out there then. I can't say if any of the ones you listed are any good but the high end Fluid damper brand is available but expensive. You can get the Dayco in the US too those are at Rock Auto.

87cr250r

If you want a lower cost non-Chinese alternative to Fluidampr, Dayco sells a made in Australia damper. It's still a rubber type but half the price of Fluidampr. I had a vibrating bed but I haven't run the new engine yet to tell if this makes a difference.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your idle set too low? I had to bump mine up a little to ~700 which greatly reduced the rattle as the bed was vibrating as well. I put in a fluid damper beforehand, it helped but wasn’t a miracle either.

LT67

My 86 M1008 developed a buzzing noise last year. I knew it coming from somewhere around the rear drive shaft. Turns out the bushing inside the tail end of the transfer case needed to be replaced

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks