• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 cranked fine and then stopped.

Goatwerks

You should be using WD-40 , not ether. Spay a fog of WD over the plenum opening with the air filter off, as soon as it starts, you can keep it running long enough to get the air out of the lines with a few misting shots as needed. This method is what I use on all diesels that have run out of fuel. WD does not require unplugging the glow plugs.
You can also use kerosene in a spray bottle in cold weather without risk of damage to the engine or starter motor.

CCATLETT1984

I have found that wd-40 doesnt work in the cold weather we get during our winter here in MI (lows of single digits without windchill) Dry silicone spray works and is also safe for the GP's. ether used properly is safe. the object is not to start the truck on ether, but to use the ether to raise the cylinder temps above the flash point of diesel.

Somemedic

The steel line coming out of the fuel tank crosses over the frame in the area of the pass side rear tire. When it crosses over the frame rail there is a rubber hose used with a couple of clamps. The steel line is also famous for collecting rocks and debris which acts like sandpaper in that area. That would be where I looked first, especially the rubber hose. Look for leaks and bad connects where ur sucking air

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks