• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Electrical Issues

Within the last 6 months I purchased an 1986 M1008. Recently the starter fried, which I thought was caused by the relay under the dash. I replaced the starter and the relay. Now whenever I attempt to connect the battery cables the engine starts turning over. I have disconnected the relay and removed the ignition fuse. Anyone have any ideas as to why it still wants to start even with those things are disconnected? Any help would be appreciated.

I already tried that. That’s why I’m at a loss. I’m assuming it’s melted wires, but I was hoping for an easier solution

Guyfang

Staff member
You might get a little more help, if this thread was in the proper forum, and the title mentioned something about what vehicle you are working on. Why don't you fix the title, and then I will move the thread to the proper forum?

You might get a little more help, if this thread was in the proper forum, and the title mentioned something about what vehicle you are working on. Why don't you fix the title, and then I will move the thread to the proper forum?
Thank you

Within the last 6 months I purchased an 1986 M1008. Recently the starter fried, which I thought was caused by the relay under the dash. I replaced the starter and the relay. Now whenever I attempt to connect the battery cables the engine starts turning over. I have disconnected the relay and removed the ignition fuse. Anyone have any ideas as to why it still wants to start even with those things are disconnected? Any help would be appreciated.
I’m back. I unhooked the small purple wire to the starter. I then hooked up the batteries and nothing changed. I continued to get resistance/sparks. Not until I completely disconnected the starter was I able to connect the batteries without resistance/sparks. I am going to have the new starter tested to see if it is the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks