• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 exhaust and tires?

kmar2006

I got a cucv 1008 for my fire dept. We need an exhaust for it the pol one is shot, is there any company making a bolt on exhaust kit for the cucv's? also is there any way to get more power out of them? ie. intake exhaust? ne reccomendations?

also looking into tire combo? whats the max tire size you can run without rubbing? its going to be a brush truck and ground clearance is a must! how big can you go in size without rubbing? ne reccomendations with that also thanks!

~m

M1075

Go for a Banks Sidewinder kit to get more power and a new exhaust. Get some HMMWV wheels and tires, either 36" bias or 37" radials. A little fender trimming or a mild lift will do.

jumpmasterjim

The banks sidewinder kit includes exhaust. They claim 60+ horsepower, 115+ ft lbs of torque and better fuel economy. I just purchased one for my 1009 and it ran around 2,400 dollars before tax. kit includes everything. Bumping up the injector pump will help as well. I've heard that they should be replaced evry 100k or so. Bigger tires will help with the fuel economy as well. Your gearing is 4.56:1 so she should pull down a house if you choose.

AJMBLAZER

Narrow 38's can be made to fit with very little lift and minor trimming. Steering will suffer a bit on the right turn though. Do a search as this has been discussed.

Gibson makes a single 3" exhaust kit for these body style trucks. However it is a cat-back setup so you would have to come up with the Y-pipe and a few feet of pipe to meet up with it. I've read on the 6.2-6.5L diesel forum that stock GM 350 small block exhaust parts can work for that. I plan to do this but haven't researched it yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks