• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 front spring swap Who has used the rear springs in front?

OK - looked at search results but swaps were on M1009's and 52" springs...

Has anybody mounted a set of rear M1008 springs up front on a M1008? if so:

How long are they? (or how much longer than the stock front springs)?
Did you use these http://diy4x.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=121
did you have to relocate the rear shackle hanger?
How much lift did you get?
Anyone used the WFO crossover with the tie rod behind the axle instead of the ORD version?

ADVICE?

(going to have a 6-8000# rated front axle and a heavy winch / snowplow blade so on 11.00x16 XZL's so need about 4-6" lift as well as some forward movement of the axle and trimming)

bp m1009

the rear springs on a 1008 are 56's, right? 52's are pretty much the max you wanna go if your still gonna drive it on the street. 56's would be for max flex and little street manners. doing 52" springs up front you have to move your front spring hanger foward 4" which in turn will move your axle 2" foward. you will also have to move the rear hanger forward and use longer shackles for proper shackle angle. 52" will require crossover steering and a longer front drive shaft as well as brake lines and shocks. so its really not a "cheap" front lift like people make it seem. i was looking into doing 52s on the front cause i have a set of rear 52" springs but its really more hassle then i wanna deal with. I am probly going to go with stock length lift front springs like tuff country ez ride springs for good flex and less hassle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks