• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 leaking coolant from back of head/ turbo swap?

Kpswans

Hey this is my first post I purchased my m1008 after having a lot of issues with my previous vehicle figured "its a diesel and they last forever" well after looking at the truck at night looked pretty good had 72k on the dash. although the guy had it parked on the grass in his lawn assured me it didn't leak boy was he wrong....

I have a concreate driveway and I have been addressing all the leaks.

hydraulic shock steering stabilizer
rear break line
oil leak from dipstick
front diff
leak from tailshaft? yet to fix

I also found myself having to rewire a lot of the truck due to electrical issues I paid 3,200 for the truck witch might have been to much especially since it just started to leak coolant. I noticed a drip when I purchased it but the guy also assured me it was the heater core. I installed a new heater core since it wasn't working only to find out it was 2 gallons low on coolant and it wasn't the heater core that was leaking. from what I can see looks to be coming from the headgasket on the pass side rear of the head.

So, I'm going to have to do a headgasket and figure if I can pick up a 6.5 turbo setup cheap I might as well install that while I have the heads off and in there. How much should a stock 6.5 turbo setup run me? and what all do I need?

turbo
exhaust manifold
crossover pipe
drain oil pan?
intake manifold
intake hat
misc. intercooler pipe

boneheaddoctor

If you are pulling the heads and putting a turbo on it....get ARP studs and Felpro gaskets... You may be glad you did down the road.

If I pop a head gasket that's exactly what I'm doing.

Stock head bolts are single use and don't clamp as solid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks