• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008/M1028 TAIL LIGHT AND TURN SIGNALS ISSUE

LongIslandCUCV

1986 CUCV M1028 Still running the 24v system keeping it original
So were do i start lol, I have no brake lights or rear turn signals. The running lights work and the front end works.
i have a list of so far i did and could use more guidance

- checked fuses ( FUSE LIGHTS UP WITH IT RUNNING OR OFF) - don't know if that's normal
-rear bulbs changed, bulbs ground cleaned, bulb wiring all intact
- new chassis harnesses installed and hardwired in to rear end. (heard to do that from a CUCV Facebook page.)
- changed turn signal handle not wiring in steering wheel
- Changed blackout switches to working ones thinking they were bad

ToddJK

Welcome to the site. Just to let you know for future reference, if you have any issues or anything with your CUCV, you're gonna want to post that in the CUCV forum this way others who may experience similar issues can read these posts and help them figure it out.
Here, in this forum, we wanna know a little about ya, what kind of MV you have, and most importantly, pictures of your MV!

LongIslandCUCV

Welcome to the site. Just to let you know for future reference, if you have any issues or anything with your CUCV, you're gonna want to post that in the CUCV forum this way others who may experience similar issues can read these posts and help them figure it out.
Here, in this forum, we wanna know a little about ya, what kind of MV you have, and most importantly, pictures of your MV!
ok np ill repost it there. hard to see the phone in the sun. if ill that post and this one

ToddJK

You have a voltage meter? That's a valuable tool to have. Have you downloaded the TM's for your truck? The TM's have a trouble shooting section that'll walk you step by step on how to diagnose the issue. They are really helpful. I would also use the search function and see what comes up, there may be a thread on the very same issue with a follow up to the solution. I would offer advice, but I never owned a CUCV and I'm not sure how different they are from a standard Chevy pickup or K5 blazer. If you can't find it in the TM'S, let us know, someone will know where it is and point you in the right direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks