• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 RPM at speed.

Rjames

HI there all. I am a new member here in Texas and I have a M1008 I recently added to the stable.

I would like to start off with what a great wealth of information is on this site and thank the people that have put this together.

Being a new guy here I hope that this post is acceptable.

One of the things that I feel that my truck needs is a RPM gauge. I found one at Auto Meter a Diesel Mini Tach that is autometer # 2888. It works through induction on the alternator ( one of 2)...

I was just wondering as I will have to calibrate it does anyone have rpm notes where they can let me know what RPM's the 6.2 is turning at different speeds? Ex. 20mph 50mph. Ect. (stock tires, gears, trans...ect is what I got...)

I know redline is somewhere around 3000. What RPM's are we doing in stock configuration at 50 mph? There seems to be alot of discussion on the site about that but no clear figures. does anyone know around what RPM's we are doing at 50mph? Does anyone have a tach and could provide some data?

Or if anyone has any suggestions about a different route to take here? I had found something about an RPM gauge that would plug into a port under the dash that had out put but I never could find it again and was hoping some one could bird dog me into that if its easier. Where to get one...Ect.

Also a temp gauge would be nice.

Anyone mind please giving me some input on this? Whats working and what has not worked please?

Rjames

Thanks. Had not thought of that. That will work well to get me calibrated if I have to get the one mentioned above.

Has anyone heard of the gauges that you hook up to the out put under the dash?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks