• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 winch mount and paintjob pics.

CUCVinterceptor

i swear it aint a civvy, i stayed w/ most of its police background though ( it had 1/8 inch of white paint on it!!!)

Attachments

CUCVinterceptor

4:56 gears, turbo 400 tranny, 5 w 40 full synthetic diesel oil , off road diesel (illegal but cheaper and better for the pumps and injectors) sulphur is a natural lubricant. 3 inch dual exhaust w/ a clean air filter.

interstate is 20-21 because she's wound out at 60-75
in town and country roads is 23-28, perfect from 38- 45 MPH ( mid 3rd gear)
on road diesel cuts my MPG in half and the truck runs bad and cold starts really bad on it.
diesel fuel treatments ( especially w/ cetane boost) cut way down on my MPG too.
every 2000 miles or so when i fill up i put 1/2 -1 pint of ATF in the tank too, makes it run hotter at lower rpm's cleans injectors and lubricates pumps better. ( runs perty smooth)

i used to have a 1988 K5blazer , 2:73 gears, 700r4, 350 small block Fuel Injected (4 inch lift w/ 35 inch tires and it got 10 in town and 14- 16 interstate .
Im also in kentucky with a LOT of hills, nothing like ohio or indianna.

Crash_AF

It's my understanding that the sulphur is not the lubricant, but the process that removes the sulphur also strips the lubricants from the fuel...

Later,
Joe

2deuce

I've been putting marvel mystery oil and sometimes diesel clean with cetane boost in my tank. I've read from others here that the cetane boost makes the mpg go down. Thats not Power Service advertises. I need to check my mpg. Is this something specific with the 6.2? What is the consenses on cetane boost should it be used or not?
Thanks

CUCVinterceptor

i honeslty dont know about the cetane boost, i used it because i got a free bottle from my fathers work (fleet services put it in bulk tanks of diesel for trash trucks) i just noticed the very large drop in my own fuel mileage every time i used it, marvel i have never tried, i did put lucas fuel treatment and didnt notice a drop and possibly a slight increase if even noticeable. i got mine from the police force ( my fathers connection once more) it was only driven 2,000 miles when they got it in 1996 to last november, all i know is they changed all fluids in it every 4 months, and an air filter, brakes and batteries once a year, it was driven the most 20 ft into the shop do do all that work they also replaced the glow plugs ( at least 5 time), relay, exhaust(rusted out from sitting) and injectors in it several times along w/ fuel filters, this is the extent to the mechanics of the truck that i know of. it also used to burn a qaurt of oil every 2 weeks but that has dissapeared, im guessing the piston rings finally sealed from all that sitting.

my mpg will go down soon anyways, i am custom fabricating an air intake and turning the fuel up to correct the air/fuel ratio for more power.
hope to be of some help.

Tibby

Wow. I have OE tires, K&N filter with foam pre-filter, 4.10s in the axles, and a 700R4. Rotella 15-40. With a LIGHTWEIGHT right foot, the best I can average is 18 MPG. Maybe it is the 97K on the odometer . . .

AJMBLAZER

I'm not calling anyone a liar but the math just isn't there...physics either. One of these trucks with 31" tall tires, no OD, and 4.56 gears just isn't going to get 20+ mpg...magic carburetor or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks