• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Wire nest

Vegetta58

Just started getting into cleaning up all the wiring splicing over the years and it is a mess. Got the dash pad and gauge panel off. Engine compartment is terrible. It has got a 454 motor so no 24v is needed. Should I try and repair the existing harness's and fuse panel or replace the fuse panel with Civi panel and get new harness's. As of now I only have headlights, starting circuit, and blower. Thanks for any advise from yall's experiences.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just started getting into cleaning up all the wiring splicing over the years and it is a mess. Got the dash pad and gauge panel off. Engine compartment is terrible. It has got a 454 motor so no 24v is needed. Should I try and repair the existing harness's and fuse panel or replace the fuse panel with Civi panel and get new harness's. As of now I only have headlights, starting circuit, and blower. Thanks for any advise from yall's experiences.
Depends on what is close to you. Might even be worth a trip north here to the big city at one of the local "pull your own part" stores. Might even find RockAuto has what you need for a harness. Either way, you may not get wiring for blackout lights - but a clean harness is worth your time and effort. Might be worth a look in the Parts Wanted section here too.

Vegetta58

Depends on what is close to you. Might even be worth a trip north here to the big city at one of the local "pull your own part" stores. Might even find RockAuto has what you need for a harness. Either way, you may not get wiring for blackout lights - but a clean harness is worth your time and effort. Might be worth a look in the Parts Wanted section here too.
Has anyone used the painless performance wiring harness to re-wire the whole truck? Thanks

Vegetta58

Thanks. Yes it's a 454 now but probably putting a 8100 or 6.2LS in it. I didn't think anyone understood I wanted to go with a civilian set up and add A/C with Dakota gauges but y'all nailed it. I'm keeping the black out lights and running off a toggle switch. If anyone needs the cluster or gauge cover let me know. Just pay shipping. Thanks again

87cr250r

What is the condition of the cluster? My gear position indicator portion of my cluster crumbled and I am looking to replace it. I have a NOS pointer and cable assembly but nothing to attach it to. I want my wife to be able to drive the truck and counting the clicks doesn't work for her

Vegetta58

What is the condition of the cluster? My gear position indicator portion of my cluster crumbled and I am looking to replace it. I have a NOS pointer and cable assembly but nothing to attach it to. I want my wife to be able to drive the truck and counting the clicks doesn't work for her
I'll take a pic today and post

87cr250r

What I need is the entire back piece of the dash, the white/light blue-green part. Mine is crumbling. I wouldn't mind having the other bits, I would like a speedo to tinker with as I have some thoughts on how to fix the bouncing needle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks