• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 air conditioning ??

BobS

There is another way. Contact Rob Sanchez (rsan -at- ackits.com). ACkits.com has a retrofit for the M1009/M1008 that utilizes the dual alt configuration that is not listed on their website. The cost is $848.63 plus shipping and includes all the needed parts, bkts. nuts, bolts, etc. It uses R134a to be legal today.

You will not be able to fit the civilian evap box and parts in the engine compartment due to the positioning of the secondary battery on the right wheelhouse. This kit does not require a change to the 12/24 DuVac electrical system.

Best regards...

Bob

gt1009

I think there was a thread on this a while back that a member in panama or something posted. He got a shop to adapt an old toyota a/c unit to work. No idea on what the thread was called, otherwise I would post it.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: M1009 air conditioning ??

Starlight said:
Well, I knew it wouldn't be THAT easy. I'm lucky my wife let's me even consider it . We'll see how the auction goes. Thanks,T
What!!!!! the wife makes engineering decisions???? ;) :p

Michael

Are the pics of the ACkits.com kit or something else? Do you have just the one vent inside? What you show looks really good.

Starlight

Great pics and clean looking install. Just kidding about the wife...sort of . She needs to be on board for me to buy another auction vehicle. Now if I tell her we can have A.C. in it things may go a bit smoother ...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks