• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 battery cable with fusible link

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Where can I get that red battery cable that connects the front and rear battery, with the wire coming out of one of the post terminals, that leads into
the fusible link?

I have searched the napa and advance auto websites,
and found nothing helpful.

Thank you...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll need to make one.

A good truck shop or good auto parts shop can make one or give you the parts to assemble one yourself.

MatthewH

I've found them at my local carquest before.

Go inside your favorite auto store and explain to them what you want, or ask them to go outside and take a look. May have to search through there electrical book

slik50

M1009

86 M1009

Question for you doghead, I'm looking for the long red cable from the starter terminal up to where its bolted down on the firewall (believe length around 7ft). I noticed today the cable had been up against the exhaust manifold and burned through quite a bit and I need to replace it. Thoughts? Autozone had nothing.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start by looking up the nsn in the part TM, then Google it.

A custom made cable made at any local big rig shop would be a good substitute.

MarcusOReallyus

Heh. Just found my own post searching for something else. Time to update it: I have had about a dozen cables, for various vehicles, made by BestBoatWire.com. Great stuff, delivered quickly. I see several other members using them, too, and happy with the product.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks