• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Blazer Seats in CUCV Truck?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1028 has been fully restored, including the bench seat. However after 2 back surgeries and 2 hip replacements, the factory seat just ain't comfortable anymore. It seems I am riding too high and too far forward and too close to the steering wheel.

Just curious, has anybody retrofit the M1009 bucket seats into a CUCV truck? Just from observation, it appears the seats would provide more room because they are not as thick as the truck bench seat. I realize there would probably be some fabrication involved, however it would indeed be worth it to get a little more room.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Ilikemtb999

I'm not sure that's a worthwhile swap or not. I don't think the seats themselves are very comfortable. Why not get a suspension seat from master craft or prp? They're very comfortable even on long drives.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure that's a worthwhile swap or not. I don't think the seats themselves are very comfortable. Why not get a suspension seat from master craft or prp? They're very comfortable even on long drives.
Thanks for your post. Can you provide more information or links to those seats? I've got to do something.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most mid 80s bucket seats share most parts including the hinge for reclining. Should you endeavor to use the Oh-9 seat, the recline hinge is a must to adjust the back. As for framing them to fit, easiest is to build a box frame on the existing seat slides and.mount the seats on that. Search ebay for military seats. There are a few nice selections on there.

Ilikemtb999

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks