• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Bridge Plate Pics?

redwolf3

Hey Guys-
I've had a brand spanking new Bridge Plate kit sitting on the floor of my M1009 since the day I (re-)acquired it. I finally went to install it and realized that there may be some missing pieces.

Does anyone have any closeups of what their bridge plate looks like? The 2 places I am most interested is where the numbers are mounted, whether or not there is anything that holds the numbers on, and the back of the circular plate, if there is anything mounted to the back for support or anything.

Thanks!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plate with the "C" on it holds the numbers on. The bar on the right of the plate goes across the back, on the back side of the grill. Woops, the mount description is for a deuce...wasn't paying attention to what forum this was in. :oops:

Attachments

redwolf3

Thanks for that Mike as well.

Mine actually had a stub where the old Bridge Plate was... it looks like the military just sliced it off and left the mount. My issue was, the kit that was in the car had been sitting in it on the floor molding and mildewing for about 6 years, so there was very little left of the packaging, etc... So most of the parts had "Escaped" the package and were all over the passenger side, haha. Now that I have that resolved, I am good to go on it.

If I can just keep the 1009 from breaking starters, I'll be golden.

Mike_Pop

Redwolf,

On the M1009, you don't need the rear backing bar to attach the plate since it is attached at the base of the plate on a bracket to the bumper. With the rear backer, this allows you to attach a plate to the grill like on most other MVs.

CCATLETT1984

i had a cracked cone when my starter died a few years ago, heard that they'd seen a lot of bad castings on that starter. you do have the bracket on the front of the starter to the engine block though, right?

JohnFire

I don't remember one on there when I changed my system over to 12v last year. I don't remember one on the truck when I got it back in 99. I think it was only 2 bolts to mount it up.

CCATLETT1984

there should be a front bracket that attaches to a stud on the starter and a bolt on the block, otherwise you will keep having issues, just ask for the starter brace at the gm dealer, there is a different part number if you have the direct drive (old style) vs. the new gear reduction starter braces. Its the same brace that is used on the civilian trucks, and it NEEDS to be there.

JohnFire

I will have to look when it gets warmer. I don't know if there is a GM dealer out here. it seems like you have to drive 70 miles to find anything in this stupid state. 4 more weeks till I am home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks