• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Glass Question

Salty dog

I removed the old side windows in the CUCV to repaint the fiberglass top, I have new rubber gaskets to install the glass in but need to know if I need to use a adhesive or sealant to install the rubber

Rennat_2006

I would highly suggest taking them out of the bags and letting them sit out spread out, unraveled, etc the best you can in the sun for a few hours

cucvmule

collector of stuff
After you get the weatherstrip back in make sure to adjust window track to where there is no binding when tracking the window up or down. I use a length of smooth wood to help place the stripping without damage to rubber and help put some alignment into the c channel.

Try to use the original bolt tightening locations by looking at the bolt scars in the paint. But as the pivot joints in the regulators wear sometimes some adjustment is needed. If you find that the regulators are bad, tweeked, bent, go find some replacements. They were not hard to find in salvage yards but time marches on and finding suitable candidates are becoming more of a treasure hunt.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
And while you have the door panel off, white lithium grease is your best friend.

Grease the regulator, all the plastic window rollers, tracking, or replace the rollers if not round.

Grease the door closer, all metal pivot joints. Window crank, door handle, outside, inside, just a little is better than none. And if I remember there is a little metal bracket that goes from the inside door skin that goes from the outside mirror to the inside door frame under the vent window that re-enforces the outside door skin from flexing, kinking the metal weekning the skin. Allot of times it is gone, or maybe it is not on the D30 at all.

Last edited:

Salty dog

After you get the weatherstrip back in make sure to adjust window track to where there is no binding when tracking the window up or down. I use a length of smooth wood to help place the stripping without damage to rubber and help put some alignment into the c channel.

Try to use the original bolt tightening locations by looking at the bolt scars in the paint. But as the pivot joints in the regulators wear sometimes some adjustment is needed. If you find that the regulators are bad, tweeked, bent, go find some replacements. They were not hard to find in salvage yards but time marches on and finding suitable candidates are becoming more of a treasure hunt.
I appreciate the advice, I am currently working on reinstalling the back side windows. I plan on working on the door glass very soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks