• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Glow plug relay

2deuce

I believe the starting problem with my M1009 has to do with the relay. I'm on my second one from Napa. I think I'm getting the wrong one. Its a ST88. Is this the right one? If not which one is? I have power to it but nothing comes thru. I have power at all the terminals but the bottom .

Thanks,
Greg

mangus580

Greg, looking up that #, it looks like you are buying a 24v activated solenoid. This is NOT the one you want. The one you want looks just like it, only activated with 12v. Also, you want the small terminals isolated from the large. Maybe CCatlett has a part # handy. I have yet to replace mine, so I dont.

2deuce

I don't understand how the thing works but you are making sence. It looks exactly the same and it says 24 volts but if those side terminals need to be 12 volts, I see a problem.
The guys at napa are scratching their heads so if somebody has the # I need or a working relay you would like to sell please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

surpdlr

2deuce said:
I believe the starting problem with my M1009 has to do with the relay. I'm on my second one from Napa. I think I'm getting the wrong one. Its a ST88. Is this the right one? If not which one is? I have power to it but nothing comes thru. I have power at all the terminals but the bottom .

Thanks,
Greg
Call Front Line Military Vehicles (717-252-4489), they stock the CORRECT relay!!

surpdlr

emmado22 said:
Hummm, didnt you NOT want to advertise on this site???????
I’m still not advertising, just pointing out that if he is tired of the WRONG part I happen to have the RIGHT part in stock......

When will we see the Supply Captain with a paid ad here???

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This site isnt my target audience.. While I do support the site thru donations, spending my advertising dollars here isnt the best way to spend them.

I will be at the SOCOM show in Tampa if anyone has the credentials to get thru the door there, Modern Day Marine at LeJeune and Quantico, and AUSA in the fall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks