• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Glow plug relay

455SD

Is the relay the same on the M1009 as the Civi diesel models?

Someone changed my truck over to a manual glow plug switch using a Ford solenoid in place of the stock relay. I would like to change it back to a factory setup and need to know which relay to use.

thanks

ojsdna744

When my relay went bad, I used a ford relay to replace it. It's the same function. Are you replacing it because your vehicle will be a show vehicle? I went with a ford relay because the relay carquest was trying to sell me would have needed me to change all the connections over to the "plug" style. The ford relay let me keep the "ring ends" that were already there. Just curious...I know the ford relay looks a little different, but the function is exactly the same.

By god, this is America! If you want a GM relay, git r' dun!!

rofl

Edward_Martis

I had the same problem and was advised by the local CA National Guard truck shop (the person I talked to had been working on CUCV's since they were new c.1984) to get a Borg Warner S 55 glow plug relay. I did and have no problems since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks