• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 hard top bolts

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should be 3/8-16.

Maybe 5 on each side, and 5-6 across the back of the cab roof? You should be able to count the number of holes in the top or the bedsides to tell for sure.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there are two different sizes at play- big bolts for the cap-to-cab, and smaller ones for the cap-to-bed.

The aft bolt on each side comes up from underneath- not sure if those two are a different size than the rest of them.

I only pulled the top off last summer, you'd think I could remember.... :confused:

cucvrus

The 2 rear bolts on the corners are 3/8" coming up from the bottom flange and the rest of the bolts as mentioned are all 5/16" of 2 different lengths. The cab to roof has self aligning tapered bolts because all the caged nuts are floating in the cage for ease of alignment. You do not need to use tapered body bolts but it helps. Getting the nuts in alignment with 1 tapered bolt and following up with the proper length 5/16" bolt is as easy as that. Being that you are in Palmyra I am 10 miles from you. Just food for thought. Take Care and Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks