• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Price estimate.

acthomp781

Hello all. I am posting to get an idea of what my M1009 might be worth. I know it is difficult to give a value based on a few pictures. I am not going to "hold" anyone to a specific price. It is a 1986 with abut 49,000 miles. I bought it in 2017 from a farmer in Indiana who bought it at a government auction in 2007. He used it on the farm as a plow vehicle. It is stock wiring. The PO did not hack any wires. The alternators and starter were rebuilt., all fluids replaced(even brake fluid), new belts, hoses, battery cables(under hood cables), batteries, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, rotors, hubs and exhaust. I repainted about 2 years ago inside and out. I tried to fix the dash with bondo, did not work so well. I am not absolutely sure I want to sell, just thought to get a rough estimate on price. I replaced the fuel filter assembly. I had some rust repair done by a local body shop for the passenger side 1/4 panel, not the whole panel, just the top and lower rear part, and in the "bed" the back end was rusted, so that was replaced, the body shop also fixed the tailgate top corners and lower middle rust hole. I also fixed some holes in the passenger rocker my self, but the passenger rocker should probably be replaced. I was in the USMC as a 3521( 2nd echelon truck mechanic) so I of course painted on USMC markings. Thank you all for the responses.

Attachments

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all. I am posting to get an idea of what my M1009 might be worth. I know it is difficult to give a value based on a few pictures. I am not going to "hold" anyone to a specific price. It is a 1986 with abut 49,000 miles. I bought it in 2017 from a farmer in Indiana who bought it at a government auction in 2007. He used it on the farm as a plow vehicle. It is stock wiring. The PO did not hack any wires. The alternators and starter were rebuilt., all fluids replaced(even brake fluid), new belts, hoses, battery cables(under hood cables), batteries, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, rotors, hubs and exhaust. I repainted about 2 years ago inside and out. I tried to fix the dash with bondo, did not work so well. I am not absolutely sure I want to sell, just thought to get a rough estimate on price. I replaced the fuel filter assembly. I had some rust repair done by a local body shop for the passenger side 1/4 panel, not the whole panel, just the top and lower rear part, and in the "bed" the back end was rusted, so that was replaced, the body shop also fixed the tailgate top corners and lower middle rust hole. I also fixed some holes in the passenger rocker my self, but the passenger rocker should probably be replaced. I was in the USMC as a 3521( 2nd echelon truck mechanic) so I of course painted on USMC markings. Thank you all for the responses.
$9000.00 maybe $ 10,000.00. In today's market, you could get quite a bit more?

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That does look nice...being you'd have a very large geographic group that looks for these nationwide, price is whatever you want it to be...I go by, can always bring the price down if there'sno bites...plus it usually eliminates tire kickers...you're almost in the middle of the country so shipping would be reasonable for either coast...15k+ would be a good low start..imo..I would double that if it were one of those fancy shiny paint jobs with a new style drivetrain, lift and tires but that's not a CUCV...I'm not sure how long this square body craze will last so if you're looking to sell, now seems to be a good time to do so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Skinny

If you actually want to sell this is probably your time. Personally a decent M1009 to me is a $3-5k truck. It just doesn't really have nothing special. Sure it's a clean square body so it has that. But now a days I'd guess it would be over $10k easily with the premium stuff is getting.

I bought a complete, clean, stock, almost 100% functioning M1031 for $6k ten years ago. That truck has one ton running gear and a real tcase over aluminum and 10 bolts.

That pricing also seemed like what you'd payed up to maybe 3 to 5 years ago. Then square bodies got hot, old stuff was getting premiums, then multiply that times the Covid Catapult and you're over 5 figures.

So if you want to make all the monies I'd be selling sooner then later because if values plummet back to where they were you are looking at a significantly less amount.

acthomp781

That does look nice...being you'd have a very large geographic group that looks for these nationwide, price is whatever you want it to be...I go by, can always bring the price down if there'sno bites...plus it usually eliminates tire kickers...you're almost in the middle of the country so shipping would be reasonable for either coast...15k+ would be a good low start..imo..I would double that if it were one of those fancy shiny paint jobs with a new style drivetrain, lift and tires but that's not a CUCV...I'm not sure how long this square body craze will last so if you're looking to sell, now seems to be a good time to do so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thank you.

acthomp781

If you actually want to sell this is probably your time. Personally a decent M1009 to me is a $3-5k truck. It just doesn't really have nothing special. Sure it's a clean square body so it has that. But now a days I'd guess it would be over $10k easily with the premium stuff is getting.

I bought a complete, clean, stock, almost 100% functioning M1031 for $6k ten years ago. That truck has one ton running gear and a real tcase over aluminum and 10 bolts.

That pricing also seemed like what you'd payed up to maybe 3 to 5 years ago. Then square bodies got hot, old stuff was getting premiums, then multiply that times the Covid Catapult and you're over 5 figures.

So if you want to make all the monies I'd be selling sooner then later because if values plummet back to where they were you are looking at a significantly less amount.
Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks