• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 stock rims and suspension .. 31 or 33 tires?

LT67

Old thread but need some info on the M1009 wheel. GM 15 x 8JJ plain steel with 4 inch back spacing and "hub centric" in design from the factory.
Obviously these are hard to find and getting expensive when you so.

Has anyone purchased an after market wheel that is the correct sizing, etc. but not hub-centric similar to the wheels for the older
jeeps like the M38 or M38A1 and the more modern CJ5 or CJ7. Those center holes do not actually center on the hub like the GM wheel
mentioned above.
Need some information as I think that I found a source for a good US made wheel but may be not a hub-centric design.
I will publish and share once I actually do have goo intel.
jimm1009
aka, Jim

Revision to post; I forgot to include the center hole dimension for the OEM wheel which is 3.5 inches. Good help is sooo hard to find.
And the bolt patter in 6 on 5.5.
Wheel Vintiques will have what you're looking for. I'm running their 8 lug OEM style 16x8 steel wheels on my 85 M1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks