• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 tailgate

EO2NMCB

The tailgate on the m1009 I bought from GL was MIA. Have a civ tailgate with the power window regulator, can the power regulator be swaped out with a manual one? Also it is missing the hinges, anyone know of a good place to find a set other than a junk yard?

Thanks in advance

msoumas

How easy of a conversion is this? I snapped the crank off mine, and I haven't been able to find a junkyard replacement. I've got a guy who has the whole regulator setup new in box and will probably sell it to me for cheaper than I can get a new manual crank at autozone, but its going to come down to how difficult it is to put together.

rod

Why replace the automatic civi parts? My 1009 had a civi tailgate in it when I got it. I bought a parts M1009 from GL for $59 which had a tailgate. I was going to swap it out until I discovered that I liked to option of being able to raise or lower the tailgate window by flipping a swich on the dash.

The civi tailgat had the aluminum trim panel which I removed, and the welded up the 5 small mounting holes in the tailgate. Very few guys who know M1009s actually notice the civi tailgate.

Now when driving, I can adjust the height of the rear window.

mangus580

rod said:
Why replace the automatic civi parts?
The power windows are MUCH more prone to failure...

rod said:
Now when driving, I can adjust the height of the rear window.
How much fumes do you get back in that window? with the exhaust design on the 1009, an open back window usually ends up having diesel fumes in the passenger area....

rod

If I make short trip I usually crack the rear tailgate glass which helps to faciliate the air flow thru the front windows out the back. I would never drive for a long period with the glass down because of the fumes. While driving in town ( usually stop n go) I let the window down which helps with the cab temperature.

As far as the automatic window parts, yes they are prone to failure like anything but I find that if you take care of any part it will last. Like the old saying goes "If it got wheels or a propeller, sooner or later, its gonna give you problems." Actually the old saying has another word relating to females but I tried to keep it clean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks