• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Under Dash Question

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

I was crawling under my dash last night to figure out the problem with my lights, and found this on the firewall under my dash behind the emergency brake bedal & headlight, blackout light switch area.

What is it?, does anyone know?

Thanks,

CJ

Attachments

Asgar

It is there to provide a local grounding connection. When accessory circuits are added the idea was you could take the negitive wire, crimp on a faston (female spade connector) and push it onto that block. Nothing fancy, just easy assuming it still made good enough contact with the sheet metal to produce a good ground. This item shows up on the wiring diagram as the thing that looks unrecognizable and not hooked to anything but ground, until you see this thing, and say, oh yeah, that was where i could have grounded my doo dad to before I just drilled another hole in my dash... wish I new it was there...

The secondary purpose is to rip off your skin as you work on the parking brake cable.

It also allows any attached wires to divert the dripping water from the leaky corner of the windshield away from the sensitive parking brake mechanism and funnel it to the otherwise empty crimp on wire terminal. When full, the accessory will indicate the need to empty the terminal by no longer functioning correctly.

aggopian

It is there to provide a local grounding connection. When accessory circuits are added the idea was you could take the negitive wire, crimp on a faston (female spade connector) and push it onto that block. Nothing fancy, just easy assuming it still made good enough contact with the sheet metal to produce a good ground. This item shows up on the wiring diagram as the thing that looks unrecognizable and not hooked to anything but ground, until you see this thing, and say, oh yeah, that was where i could have grounded my doo dad to before I just drilled another hole in my dash... wish I new it was there...

The secondary purpose is to rip off your skin as you work on the parking brake cable.

It also allows any attached wires to divert the dripping water from the leaky corner of the windshield away from the sensitive parking brake mechanism and funnel it to the otherwise empty crimp on wire terminal. When full, the accessory will indicate the need to empty the terminal by no longer functioning correctly.
,,,,but I'm not bitter tho............

Randy

That could not be described any better.

Asgar

... not bitter... 'experienced'.

Another tip: If you don't need it you can remove it to increase your oh8 cargo capacity and improve fuel mileage as well.

unaffiliated

Removing it will also prevent torn skin the next time you need to work on the parking brake. Since the parking brake is already fixed and the emergency room bill is already paid from the torn skin, please refer to the "How do I get the blood off the floor" thread.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information. I kind of figured that is what it must be.
But was not sure, so that is why I posted the question here.

Have a good night,

CJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks