• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 vacuum hose

JamieM1009

Hi, can anyone tell me the internal diameter of the rubber hose that is used for the vacuum pipe. Mine is badly stretched and torn and I can't get a good measurement.It looks about 5mm, anyone verify?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends where, there is more than one size used.

JamieM1009

Ah ok, the main part that is pretty much gone is the piece from the metal tube to the part on the injector pump, I think there are 2 pipes coming off it. I am not sure of the condition if the pipe Archie back of the engine

rsh4364

If yours is like mine it took 3 diff. sizes,just get 3 feet of each so you don't have to run to store twice,also make sure to change the plastic T also.It seems like my 1009 went from 3/8 to 5/16 to 1/4. I used a stub of 3/8 off vac. pump,then a 3/8 to 5/16 coupler,5/16 to vac port on IP then 1/4 to trans modulator.I used fuel line clamps on the 3/8 stuff.

Last edited:

scottladdy

Revisiting an ancient post to provide specific answers based on the TM's. All item numbers are based on figure 10 in the -20P parts manual.

Hose #4 in figure 10, between the vacuum pump and the "T" fitting, #3, is 11/32" I.D. and is 2" long. (I use 3/8" fuel line without issue)
Hose #5 in figure 10, directly off the "T", #3, is 7/32" I.D. and is 5.51" long.
Hose #7 in figure 10. from the adapter, #6, to the bottom fitting of the vacuum regulator, #10, is 5/32" I.D. and is 19.49" long.
Hose #8 in figure 10, from the top fitting of the vacuum regulator, #10, to the metal tube leading to the transmission is 5/32" I.D. and is 5" long.

NOTE: The lengths for the last two sections of hose may need to be increased if you bypass the rubber connecting block, #9, and connect directly to the vacuum regulator.

I use a 1/4" vacuum cap on the open end of the "T" #3.
Dorman kit #47308 should have an equivalent to adapter #6. NOTE: nipple sizes are typically 1/32" larger than the hose I.D.

Reminder: remember T to T, Top to Transmission for the connections on the vacuum regulator #10.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks