• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 will not restart after an hour?

ASTFU

my 1009 after an initial start and drive to work (15 min warm up 15 min drive) when i shut it off, if i go to start it again an hour later it just turns over ,if iI wait longer say 2 hrs it will start right up. I carry a can of wd40 with me but it is kind of a pain to spray and start at the same time.new filters have been installed no change. any help would be great Thanks Thom.

CCATLETT1984

try adding a few quarts of ATF before you fill up next time, the atf will thicken the fuel slightly, if the problem gets better than its a sure sign of a rebuild being in the very near future.

appnut1

One problem can be cranking RPM it must be at least 200 RPM and the other issue can be caused by the thermal limiting switch keeping the glow plugs off at too high of a temp. Should be a two wire sensor screwed into the rear coolant passage on the head. try jumping the connection and see what happens

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try taking a gallon of cool water and pour it on the IP. The water will cool it and run down the back of the engine. If it fires up then the IP will soon throw in the towel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks