• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 will not start

31gooseman

Had a run away starter. Rebuilt starter and it still run away. Found Doghead mod and did that. Had problems replacing key switch cause previous owner used roll pin the hold key lock in place instead of the screw. Ended up replacing steering column and now I get nothing when I turn the key. All lights work, and have traced power(red wire) all the way to the steering column, but when I plug it into the ignition port on column nothing happens when I turn key. Any help would be so greatly appreaciated.

joshuak

Greetings gooseman, welcome aboard.

Loose connections at the 12v termination block proved to be the culprit when I had a no start condition with similar characteristics (functioning lights, 24v present at starter relay, etc.). Probably not your case, but worth a check.

I'd start a thread in CUCV forum or request a mod to move this one and for sure folks can help get you going.

While your in that forum check out the CUCV Helpful threads sticky, this one in particular deals with burned fusible links after starter run on.

Good luck, electrical gremlins are no fun to chase IMO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks