• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 history

Nick

Are the M101 trailers still in use in the branches of the military? How long were they used?

The rewason I ask is if I can find a base or depot close, maybe I can find some of the parts I'm looking for to complete mine. Then I can find out what I a complete, authentic one looks like.

Nick

Barrman

The 101A1 had the 5 lug M37 pattern rims and no brake. Small bucket tail lights and often only 1 hand brake for the entire trailer.

The M101A2 had 8 lug civilian 1 ton lug patterns, surge brakes, big bucket tail lights, a hand brake for each wheel and that is about all the difference.

The M101A3 had for lack of a better description, offset spindles. Basically, the axle was lengthened to allow HMMWV rims to bolt on without spacers and the ride to be level with the HMMWV. Other than that, they were the same as the A2. Look at the TM for the M101 and it shows pictures of the A2 and A3 axles.