• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Tire Changing

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Checked the manual and it didn't show it but need to know if to loosen the nuts do I go clockwise or counter clockwise??

I might just have frozen nuts...that doesn't sound good.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Counter clockwise on the right, clockwise on the left assuming the studs are right. Check the end of the studs for an L or R.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I just had to take mine off to run Mangus's M37 up to him, and I found out they are just like on a deuce or M37, tighten to the front, loosen to the rear. That's how I remember it anyway.

Unless your M101 is the updated one with CUCV wheels, then I'm not sure...

JB

:ditto: what he said. My pioneer trailer has the wsame chassis as your 101A1. Left side is opposite of the normal rotation. I do not think there are markings on the studs.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well then, it must be cold cause my nuts are frozen and I can't get them loose. Will have to take it someplace with an impact wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks